Easy to use/intuitive user interface, cloud architecture and ‘pay-as-needed’ competitive pricing highlights attractive legal hold tool for corporate counsel
Nashville, TN – January 24, 2013 – cicayda, a software company delivering 100% cloud-based e-discovery applications, today introduced fermata, the company’s new legal hold management product, and the first of a series of easy to use and ‘pay-as-you-need’ e-discovery tools including processing, review, search, and text analytics. The Nashville-based cicayda team is led by veteran trial lawyer and former CaseLogistix CEO Roe Frazer and CaseLogistix software architect Jason Cox.
fermata is secure, cloud-based legal hold management software that fits easily into existing legal hold compliance workflows, allowing in-house counsel and legal IT departments to manage the entire legal hold communications process. With fermata, legal hold administrators can do much more than just create and track legal hold notifications. Key features and benefits include:
- Intuitive interface: fermata was developed with a simple and familiar interface. fermata’s unique design allows users to see the overall status and progress of a hold or at the individual notice and questionnaire level;
- Accessibility: fermata is web-based so can easily be accessed anywhere at any time and from any device ranging from traditional desktops to numerous mobile solutions. The web delivery is also operating system agnostic so works with any Windows or Mac platform;
- Simple Pricing: fermata’s pricing model is based on a ‘pay-as-you-need’ basis. If the legal hold only includes a few custodians, corporations can only pay for them without the need to buy a more comprehensive enterprise license;
- Hold management: fermata allows users to manage legal holds according to their own workflow. This includes creating and tracking ad-hoc communications about the hold as well as creating and managing questionnaires including pre-notification interviews;
- Flexibility: fermata effectively handles the management of smaller (e.g., EEOC matters) as well as much larger litigation through the use of easy to use templates and more elaborate custodian questionnaires and associated tracking;
- Security: Privately managed, highly secure cloud.
“cicayda’s mission is to create innovation in e-discovery software, bringing contemporary web thinking, design, user experience, scalability, functionality, and economic sensibility to the forefront,” stated Roe Frazer, cicayda’s CEO. “With fermata, market disruption, in price and performance, was our overall goal, with all our deliverables embracing a consumer-friendly look, feel, and intuitive functionality.”
According to Doug Grawe, General Counsel, Dart Transit Company, and an existing fermata user, cicayda’s cloud based technology makes starting, tracking, and executing litigation holds easier and more manageable. “Litigation holds are increasingly becoming higher profile for in-house legal departments so having a product like fermata that easily manages the process without requiring me to learn a radically different user interface is invaluable.”
Frazer added: “Legal hold managers can spend upwards of 25% of their time setting up legal hold notifications, tracking responses, and informing outside counsel of results. Having the fermata app at your fingertips gives corporate legal the on-demand ability to easily track notifications and questionnaire responses from custodians, literally in minutes.”
For more information on fermata, please go to http://fermata.cicayda.com and sign up for a free 30 day trial or visit the cicayda booth (#524) at LegalTech New York, January 29-31, Hilton New York.
fermata is cicayda’s cloud-based legal hold management product that fits easily into existing legal hold compliance workflows, allowing in-house counsel and legal IT departments to manage the entire legal hold communications process. The simple and intuitive user interface, flexible, ‘pay-as-you-go’ pricing options, and accessibility based on its cloud-based nature, make it unique among legal hold offerings.
cicayda is a software company delivering 100% cloud-based e-discovery applications. Led by long time legal technology executive and former CaseLogistix CEO Roe Frazer and CaseLogistix architect Jason Cox, the cicayda suite of e-discovery tools includes legal hold management, processing, review, search, and text analytics. About the name: A blue-eyed cicada is that one-in-a-million cicada, genetically unique, emerging from the swarm of millions of cicadas that emerge every 17 years in our Nashville community. They create an extremely loud yet harmonious sound, some might even say “music”. Our cloud-based platform gives intelligent lawyers the best chance of finding that one-in-a-million document in that torrential swarm and loud noise of e-discovery.