NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Guidance Software, makers of EnCase®, the gold standard for digital investigations and endpoint data security, today unveiled EnForce™ Risk Manager, a highly anticipated, new data risk and privacy solution. Using EnForce Risk Manager, organizations can implement a proactive approach to information governance, ensuring that sensitive data is identified, classified and remediated. This allows organizations to reduce their surface area of risk, significantly mitigating potential damage from breaches and improving their ability to comply with global data protection mandates.
With EnForce Risk Manager, enterprises are able to identify the most commonly compromised data anywhere it is stored, including file shares, email sources, servers, databases and all types of end points. They can then categorize that data for review and validation, and automatically remediate that data through digital removal and other control actions.
“The amount of data stored on electronic systems today is growing at an exponential rate. And as we’ve learned from high-profile breaches that compromised sensitive information, including health records and credit card information, the ability to mitigate risk remains challenging,” said Ken Basore, senior vice president of product engineering, Guidance Software. “In conversations with our customers, the need to combine data management, e-discovery, privacy and security, as well as policies, into proactive, corporate-wide information governance has repeatedly arisen. With EnForce, Guidance Software is committed to reducing business risks, decreasing storage and information technology costs, and providing greater peace of mind to our customers.”
Key benefits of EnForce Risk Manager include:
- Protect Sensitive Data – Organizations can identify and safeguard valuable corporate assets – intellectual property, proprietary client lists, trade secrets, confidential information and sensitive customer information – from data breaches, rogue employees, lost devices and human error.
- Ensure Compliance and Mitigate Risks – Better equip organizations to comply with external data privacy regulations and polices such as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) as well as internal policies.
- Optimize Storage – By systematically deleting data that is old, no longer needed or has no current business value, organizations can reduce current and future storage costs.
- Improve Business Intelligence – Organizations can gain insights into the flow of sensitive data as it is used and manifested throughout the enterprise. Removing aged data will leave organizations with higher quality data to help them make more accurate and better informed decisions, driving greater business performance.
Guidance Software will be previewing EnForce Risk Manager at LegalTech, from February 2-4, in New York. The session titled, “Aligning New Technology, Data Protection, and Information Management” will take place on Tuesday, February 2 from 10:30-11:45 a.m. For more information about attending LegalTech, visit: http://www.legaltechshow.com.
EnForce Risk Manager is expected to be generally available in late Q2 2016 through direct and channel sales.
About Guidance Software
Guidance (NASDAQ: GUID) exists to turn chaos and the unknown into order and the known—so that companies and their customers can go about their daily lives as usual without worry or disruption, knowing their most valuable information is safe and secure. Makers of EnCase®, the gold standard in digital investigations and endpoint data security, Guidance provides a mission-critical foundation of applications that have been deployed on an estimated 25 million endpoints and work in concert with other leading enterprise technologies from companies such as Cisco, Intel, Box, Dropbox, Blue Coat Systems, and LogRhythm. Our field-tested and court-proven solutions are used with confidence by more than 70 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of agencies worldwide. For more information about Guidance Software, please visit guidancesoftware.com, “Like” our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, or follow ourLinkedIn page.
Guidance Software®, EnCase®, EnScript®, EnForce ™, EnCE™, EnCEP™, Linked Review™, EnPoint™ and Tableau™ are trademarks owned by Guidance Software and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
- How to Engage Enterprise Buyers in Meaningful Conversations in 2016 February 28, 2016
- nVIDIA Driving Deep Learning to the Forefront – Literally February 22, 2016
- New Technologies Disrupting the Legal Business in the UK February 17, 2016
- Shares of Tableau plunge 36% after company posts $41M loss in Q4 February 5, 2016
- LexisNexis Unveils Lexis® DiscoveryIQ eDiscovery Platform Enhanced by Brainspace February 2, 2016