NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 02, 2016 LexisNexis® Legal & Professional today announced a new eDiscovery platform enhanced byBrainspace™ Corp., a recognized leader in data analysis. The new Lexis® DiscoveryIQ software is a fully integrated eDiscovery solution that LexisNexis is unveiling for the first time at the LegalTech® New York tradeshow. Advanced visual analytics developed by Brainspace Corp. are embedded in the new product.
The Lexis® DiscoveryIQ platform challenges conventional workflow by re-thinking the role ofearly case assessment and providing powerful analytics throughout the eDiscovery process. This provides earlier insight into litigation data, drives better litigation strategies and reduces the overall costs of litigation, or potentially litigious cases.
“With Lexis DiscoveryIQ, LexisNexis and Brainspace are challenging the status quo,” said Ryan Bilbrey, managing director of OmniVere, LLC, and a member of panel of advisers for development. “Disruption is a term that’s tossed around almost callously in legal technology circles these days, but in this case, here is a team that has reimagined the eDiscovery process to help litigation teams achieve vastly better results.”
The Lexis DiscoveryIQ platform efficiently processes massive data sets for review – pinpointing the essential story in every case – and reducing the data set to only the most important elements. The Brainspace ID technology integration is uniquely integrated into the Lexis DiscoveryIQ platform, and incorporates intelligent, prioritized review that accelerates the process by upwards of 60-90 percent.
While the platform is engineered for the demands of large cases, it is flexible and scalable enough to be used in a wide range of matters.
“Experienced litigation teams typically avoid using analytics on smaller cases because it’s perceived to be cost prohibitive,” said Steve Ashbacher, vice president of litigation solutions with the LexisNexis software and technology business. “Our contention is litigators should have access to analytics no matter the size of the case. Lexis DiscoveryIQ is delivering the flexibility allowing litigation teams to dial up whatever they need and when they need it, from PreDiscovery all the way through Production, for any case.”
The new platform was developed on the LexisNexis Early Data Analyzer software product, which is renowned for its speed, performance and scalability. This approach allowed the LexisNexis team to focus on the PreDiscovery phase by building on a solid foundation of powerful early case assessment tools and then integrating predictive coding, data analytics and smart review tools throughout the workflow.
The new platform is different in four key ways:
1. Comprehensive litigation support. The platform deeply infuses analytics, including technology assisted review (TAR), machine learning and visual analytics into one intuitive interface with speed, performance and scalability.
2. Earlier insight into data. Some 73 percent of eDiscovery costs rest in review. The Lexis DiscoveryIQ offering provides litigation teams with greater visibility from the outset of a case, which helps them to quickly understand any potential exposure in the initial data set and reduce the cost of review.
3. Flexible analytics throughout eDiscovery. While designed for large cases, this new platform provides machine learning and analytics throughout the workflow, eliminating that barrier. The solution supports investigational efforts and case analysis as easily as it supports more traditional eDiscovery workflow.
4. Faster path to more accurate results. The new predictive coding technology promises a faster, simpler way to reduce data to relevant facts, using smarter algorithms and creating a better user experience. The Brainspace technology provides significant value in accelerating the review process by 60 to 90 percent.
“It’s significant to point out this alliance between Brainspace and LexisNexis creates a unique and complete integration of technologies that goes beyond moving data from one platform to another,” said Ravi Sathyanna, VP of Technology & Products with Brainspace Corp. “The result is a comprehensive platform, focused on early case assessment, and bringing to bear the most advanced eDiscovery technology and analytics in the market.”
“Inside and outside counsel alike have conveyed the most valuable role technology can play in the eDiscovery process today is to focus on early case assessment,” added Ashbacher. “The end goal is litigation teams spending their time on a more focused and accurate set of data, which reduces the overall cost, achieves more reliable results faster, and ultimately drives better legal outcomes.”
For more information about the new product, please visit http://bit.ly/New-Lexis-DiscoveryIQ.
About LexisNexis® Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 175 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide, is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
The LexisNexis litigation software suite helps customers take control of the litigation process, from identification of facts, to processing and review of documents, all the way through to organizing and presenting a case. The LexisNexis litigation software products – LexisNexis® Early Data Analyzer, LAW PreDiscovery®, Concordance®, CaseMap®, TextMap® and Sanction® – work together for support throughout the litigation process and can be offered in a hosted environment.
About Brainspace Corporation
Brainspace Corporation is a pioneer and recognized leader in helping enterprise clients derive meaning, gain insights and identify human connections in unstructured data. Our unique solutions utilize our patented Brainspace platform and are leading the industry in text analytics, accelerating institutional learning and reinventing how organizations exchange knowledge and expertise. Our customers include the Fortune 500, leading consulting firms, legal service providers, and government agencies.
For more information on Brainspace, visit the company’s website at http://brainspace.com.
- How to Engage Enterprise Buyers in Meaningful Conversations in 2016 February 28, 2016
- nVIDIA Driving Deep Learning to the Forefront – Literally February 22, 2016
- New Technologies Disrupting the Legal Business in the UK February 17, 2016
- Shares of Tableau plunge 36% after company posts $41M loss in Q4 February 5, 2016
- LexisNexis Unveils Lexis® DiscoveryIQ eDiscovery Platform Enhanced by Brainspace February 2, 2016