RESTON, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) today announced the availability of the Apama Streaming Analytics platform Release 9.9. Apama is the market-leading platform for streaming analytics and intelligent, automated action on fast-moving Big Data. It combines event processing, messaging, in-memory data management and visualization and is the most comprehensive platform for managing vast, fast-moving data streams and turning meaningful insight into action.
Continuous Software Development Brings Significant Benefits to Apama Users
Dr. Giles Nelson, senior vice president of Product Strategy and Marketing, Software AG, said: “We’re developing a new release every six months, which makes Apama the most comprehensive and competitive platform in the market for building applications that monitor, analyze and act on vast, fast-moving data streams. The new enhancements in this release will help business analysts monitor connected devices in the ‘Internet of Things,’ operate across Cloud or on premises IT deployments, and, include predictive analytics.”
The new functionality in Apama 9.9 enhances support for numerous powerful applications, including market surveillance, fraud detection,predictive maintenance, smart logistics and a number of other Internet of Things and real-time marketing use cases.
Apama Powers Business Analysts and Data Scientists with all the Analytics Functionality Needed
Nelson further noted: “The ability to predict what is likely to happen next is essential to satisfying customers, improving operations, finding fraud and beating the competition. Predictive analytics uses patterns found in historical and real-time data to indicate what is ahead. The addition of Apama and its historical, real-time and predictive analytics functionality dramatically enhances the capabilities of our Digital Business Platform and enables enterprises to identify and act on future risks and opportunities in terms of revenue, resources, output and more.”
Apama 9.9 Highlights
Highlights of the new Apama 9.9 release include:
- Predictive Analytics – enables business analysts to identify significant events and take actions before they occur. For instance, better predicting when maintenance should happen enables organizations to fix their high value machines and equipment before failures actually occur and thus minimize the impact to their business;
- MQTT and AMQP Standards and Protocols – increased support for these key protocols enables easier integration with the Internet of Things;
- Apama Queries Designer – enables business analysts to develop Apama Queries within Software AG Designer more easily. Apama queries now include improved tooling with additional tooltips, simpler screen layouts, better on-screen representations of data, advanced expression editing and more informative error reporting;
- On premise or Cloud Deployment – support for Docker Containers helps Apama users to deploy and use the Apama platform consistently in on-premise and Cloud environments;
- Additional Apama 9.9 highlights can be found here: http://bit.ly/1KUSdHi
Apama Enjoys First Class Digital Business Platform Citizenship
Apama 9.9 includes common Software AG deployment functionality ensuring it is fully integrated into the Digital Business Platform, which is recognized as the first and leading platform to support all stages in a company’s digital transformation.
Apama: The Leading Streaming Analytics Platform
The Apama platform has always been a leader in the event processing and streaming analytics market and its continued innovation enables enterprises to leverage real-time insights to identify and act on opportunities to stay ahead of the competition. As the world’s number one streaming analytics platform, Apama has more than 200 deployments in Fortune 500 companies.
Apama Streaming Analytics platform Release 9.9 is shipping today.
About Software AG
Software AG (Frankfurt TecDAX: SOW) helps organizations achieve their business objectives faster. The company’s big data, integration and business process technologies enable customers to drive operational efficiency, modernize their systems and optimize processes for smarter decisions and better service. Building on over 40 years of customer-centric innovation, the company is ranked as a leader in 14 market categories, fueled by core product families Adabas-Natural, ARIS, Alfabet, Apama, Terracotta and webMethods. Software AG has more than 4,400 employees in 70 countries and had revenues of €858 million in 2014 – www.softwareag.com.
Software AG, 11700 Plaza America Drive, Reston, VA, 20190
Detailed press information about Software AG including a picture and multimedia database are available under:www.softwareag.com/press
Follow us on Twitter: Software AG Global
- How to Engage Enterprise Buyers in Meaningful Conversations in 2016 February 28, 2016
- nVIDIA Driving Deep Learning to the Forefront – Literally February 22, 2016
- New Technologies Disrupting the Legal Business in the UK February 17, 2016
- Shares of Tableau plunge 36% after company posts $41M loss in Q4 February 5, 2016
- LexisNexis Unveils Lexis® DiscoveryIQ eDiscovery Platform Enhanced by Brainspace February 2, 2016