Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) is trending in the IT market. According to an IDC study, which defines and forecasts the emerging workspace-as-a-service (WaaS) market, “The virtual client computing market is going to grow from $2.8 billion in 2013 to $4.7 billion in 2018, but up-front costs and complexity will drive organizations to look for an outsourced delivery model, driving the hosted market to $1.7 billion by 2018,” says Brett Waldman, research manager, Client Virtualization Software. “Despite many organizations looking to outsource virtual desktops today, the rise in mobility is actually transforming the demand as we speak, toward applications and data. It is this workspace that end users want to be able to access anywhere, anytime, anyplace — giving rise to what IDC defines as workspace as a service.”
Following is an interesting video from Unisys, an early player in the WaaS market.
- How to Engage Enterprise Buyers in Meaningful Conversations in 2016 February 28, 2016
- nVIDIA Driving Deep Learning to the Forefront – Literally February 22, 2016
- New Technologies Disrupting the Legal Business in the UK February 17, 2016
- Shares of Tableau plunge 36% after company posts $41M loss in Q4 February 5, 2016
- LexisNexis Unveils Lexis® DiscoveryIQ eDiscovery Platform Enhanced by Brainspace February 2, 2016